Starbucks has a new logo!  

Posted by: Chaotic pOsha


Starbucks remove their name on the logo and stay on the mermaid only! A strong message to the masses that starbucks can be recognized by simply a picture and no need for a text around it just like Apple Mac.

I think I like the new logo its modern and simple...Errr and I wont go through political issues ;p but some say that not having the brand's name on it makes it easier to cover up the real meaning of their logo...Conspiracy theory kinda thing ;r

Others say it's a smart way to cut the costs of printing since they removed one color which is black!

In all ways, it's good for them hehe

I was wondering why was the mermaid used as a logo in Starbucks? and i found this answer...

It was the intention of the original Starbucks founders to use the mermaid/siren to represent the seduction of the sea going mariners. In continuing with the metaphor, they were simply replacing the sirens seductive songs with the their tasty irresistible berverages.

It is based off Moby Dick and the character Starbuck who was a sailor who loved coffee. And sirens were seductive to sailors they would jump out of boats once they heard the sirens' songs. So it basically means that it is irrestible.






This entry was posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

posha, thank you so much for your comment on my blog! Yours and everyone's advice helped me so much, and I'm sticking with my decorated cookie name (and I tried to look up your suggestions, too!). Just wanted to say thanks :) I couldn't open the email, so I'm leaving a comment here.

But also, I know, Starbucks now dropped their name from the logo? They are THAT recognizable!

haha I didn't know the reason behind the mermaid as well.

the new logo is alright. I don't think I like it alot maybe because i'm not used to it.

i'm one of starbucks biggest fans.

I think this is one of the most important information for me. And i am glad reading your article. But should remark on few general things, The website style is perfect, the articles is really nice

Post a Comment